Sunday, January 02, 2005

January 2005


Link


Well I hope everyone's New Year is off to a great start. Yesterday, I went to five different homes to celebrate. By the time I got home I was exhausted and crawled out of bed at noon and ready to go right back. However, something more important than sleeping has lured me out of bed this January 2. WRITING,READING and MUSIC. I can't wait to see the creative endeavors of all of you. Analisa where are those vignettes of France? Dr.V let's see you crank out some vignettes on your medical experiences, Blex how about some new pix for your photo exhibit with Irasali? Guiam time to put all of your short stories in order and send them out.

If any of you come to my house and go into my bathroom you will see quotes taped to the walls. One of the quotes I like to read often is the following:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -Calvin Coolidge


3 comments:

Aleksu said...

Uh oh, new pix, that is a tuffy, first I need a new camera, oops!

Anyway, I stayed put at a very good friend of mine's house, we ate and we chatted and we paid hommage to Bachus and Dionisius.

Diana said...

Sounds like you had fun. Paying homage to those two is a great way to start off the year:)

dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

a new (bright) skin, i like it. Creatively, I was sidetracked to a new subject matter, but will not give up on the medical theme. No way! I learned yesterday how persistence reaps rewards!